Re: Debugger bugfix

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Debugger bugfix
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 21:26:31 -0500

On Nov 28, 2008, at 6:14 PM, David Bateman wrote:

John Swensen wrote:

I don't think this bug had anything to do with those threads.

Sad, I would have liked to see that fixed :-) ..

This was much more basic.  Try the following:

1) Add a breakpoint to a function
2) Call dbstatus
3) Modify the file in which the breakpoint was set (e.g. add and empty new line)
4) Call dbstatus and watch octave crash

I think the behavior is unique to dbstatus because it was modifying the STL::map while in the middle of iterating through it, because of the out of date check on the file.

Ok, I applied this..

D.

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)

Do you have some concrete examples of where these two cases from the previous threads were failing, so I can start hunting this down? I keep telling myself I need to work on something that forces me to get to understand how the code is parsed and stored, and maybe this is my chance to bite the bullet.

John Swensen