Re: the competition's expm vs ours

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: the competition's expm vs ours
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:30:21 +0100

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Thomas Weber
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 10.12.2008, 10:52 +0100 schrieb Jaroslav Hajek:
>> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Thomas Weber
>> <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > Yes, and Emacs C++ mode sets some default (ie, indent is 2 spaces, ...)

>> > Yes, but I'm thinking more along the lines that different projects may
>> > have different source guidelines for C++ files.
>> >

>> Huh. So Emacs' default C++ settings exactly match Octave's coding
>> standards? I'm just missing the style information here.
> I hope they do. I have nothing configured in Emacs with regards to C++
> and John has never complained.

John is not a computer. I really doubt he has time always scan all lines.
Besides (please don't take this offensively), the first C++ changeset
from you I just picked at random, namely 349a555729a9 (8353 in
Savannah) violates the guidelines: It contains tabs, contrary to our
convention. I see this is probably because the original source
contained them and you just didn't notice, but you see that Emacs did
not save you.

> Actually, I used vim quite a lot in the
> past for the actual editing. Before sending a diff, I just opened the
> file  in Emacs and let Emacs re-indent the lines.
>
>        Thomas

I'm against a rule such as "the indenting style for Octave sources is
Emacs' default settings", because that way, I can't check, and I
really don't want to do the procedure you just described.

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert