Re: Graphics and memory opinions

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Graphics and memory opinions
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 22:23:05 -0600

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
2008/12/13 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:

But I thought we were doing this in a
reasonbly efficient way now.  Or maybe we only discussed fixing it and
no one did the work.  I can't remember.

Yeah, I think we discussed it, and I never did the work. But I was
complaining about speed of loading, not memory usage.

Well, that too.  Of course loading formatted I/O will be only so fast, but my
feeling is that significant decrease in speed can be achieved.  Going to swap
memory, though, makes things really slow.

Dan