Re: Graphics and memory opinions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Graphics and memory opinions
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 22:33:45 -0800

On 14-Dec-2008, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

| Right, std::list triples the storage size. Clearly std::deque or

I don't see how a deque helps, it is just another variant of a list,
with overhead for each element.

| std::vector are the ones to use here.

Then you will just have to copy them into an Octave Array<> object.
So why not just use that to begin with?  If you are going to use an
array/vector object then trick is efficiently approximating the the
size of the matrix so you can minimize the number of times you have to
resize and copy.

| Give me a clue on what function I should play with... It is
| read_ascii_data(...), right?

Look at the functions in ls-mat-ascii.cc.