moving octave.org domain from Wisconsin servers

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: moving octave.org domain from Wisconsin servers
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:50:09 -0500

Since I'm no longer employed by the University of Wisconsin, I'm
considering moving the octave.or gdomain to a hosting service not
associated with the university.

I have a hosting service that can do everything except anonymous ftp.
For that, we can simply use ftp.gnu.org (for the stable releases,
which we are already posting there) and alpha.gnu.org (for
snapshots).  Do you think it will be a problem if ftp.octave.org stops
working?  The download page on the web site will continue to work as
we can simply point to ftp.gnu.org.

To simplify the initial transition (and hopefully not break everything
all at once) I intend to keep the mailing lists running on the UW
systems, at least for now.  They may also move in the future.  If they
do, I think we should move them to savannah which provides lists
managed with mailman.

Comments?