Re: ChangeLogs (was: Re: [changeset] don't remove whitespace within @exa

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: ChangeLogs (was: Re: [changeset] don't remove whitespace within @example in docstrings)
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 11:23:23 -0600

2009/1/5 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
> Or, we should simply decide to do away with ChangeLog files entirely.

Please don't... I like the Changelogs, since they're the only unbroken
breadcrumb trail we have for Octave. If in a couple of years from now
you decide that hg isn't doing the job anymore like CVS wasn't, then
we'd lose the project's history when you switch VCS.

It's a pity that Changelogs are human-generated instead of
machine-generated, since that introduces some human error... of course
Emacs, has a Changelog mode. :-) Do other editors have similar modes
too?

- Jordi G. H.