Re: New plotting function surfl (again)

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: New plotting function surfl (again)
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 14:39:00 +0100

Kai Habel wrote:
Hello all,

this patch is also outstanding [1].

the attached changeset adds the new plotting function surfl. To work
properly it requires the previous changeset about surface normals to be
applied as well.

The function surfl plots lighted surfaces. For best visual experience
colormaps like pink, copper, bone, or gray should be used.

For example:

colormap(bone);
surfl(peaks);
shading interp;
I have used the time since then, to revise the patch. The new patch also
includes the functions specular and diffuse, which perform the light
calculation now. All three are matlab core functions.

Kai

[1] http://www.nabble.com/New-plotting-function-surfl-td20407867.html
This is nice.. Seems to work fine and can't break any existing code.. I therefore applied it..

Thanks
D.

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)