Re: [changeset] Missing ScreenSize & ScreenPixelsPerInch properties

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: [changeset] Missing ScreenSize & ScreenPixelsPerInch properties
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 06:41:08 +0200

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 4:56 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On my system, X11 returns slightly different values for the X
> and Y dimensions in millimeters, so the computed pixels per inch in
> each direction is different.  I average the two to come up with a
> single value (94.514 on my system).  But I'm not sure that this is the
> correct thing.  Comments?

I thought this was a backend related task not really belonging in
"core" octave. However I understand gnuplot does not give this info.

the fltk backend (quite stagnant at the moment) updates screensize
only since fltk only reports the width and height of the screen in
pixels, not in any other units, so I suppose we will have to use code
like you propose in it as well.

Shai