Re: [changeset] Missing ScreenSize & ScreenPixelsPerInch properties

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: [changeset] Missing ScreenSize & ScreenPixelsPerInch properties
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 07:27:23 +0200

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 6:47 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> Things like
>
>  octave:1> get (0, 'screensize')
>  ans =
>
>        1      1   1600   1200
>
>  octave:2> set (0, 'units', 'inches')
>  octave:3> get (0, 'screensize')
>  ans =
>
>      0.00000    0.00000   16.92877   12.69658
>
> will work without creating a figure.  So it might as well be something
> that is part of the core.
>
> jwe

OK. But I don't know how hard it will be to make this cross platform.
We might try to "steal" some code from fltk to discover the platform.
I have never tried this before so I'm not sure how simple it is.
I think we already have some platform discovery code in configure and
other places (I recall Michael added some for windows) so maybe we do
have some foundation to build upon.
Anyway, I do not have access to a windows and/or OSX  development
environment so I cannot help here

Shai