Re: [changeset] Missing ScreenSize & ScreenPixelsPerInch properties

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [changeset] Missing ScreenSize & ScreenPixelsPerInch properties
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:57:48 -0500

On 22-Jan-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| On Thursday, January 22, 2009, at 01:33PM, "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
wrote:
| >On 22-Jan-2009, John W. Eaton wrote:
| >
| >| (Does GCC define __WIN32__ and WIN32 automatically?)  I'd like to do
| >| something similar for OS X to define OCTAVE_USE_OS_X_API.
| >
| >For now, I went with
| >
| >  #if defined (__APPLE__)
| >  #define OCTAVE_USE_OS_X_API 1
| >  #endif
| >
| >Is there something better we should use?
| >
| >jwe
| >

| ... looking over the current sources, toplev.cc has
|
| #if defined (__APPLE__) && defined (__MACH__)
|         mac_system = true;
| #endif
|
| I'm not sure why both are checked (are there any existing Apple computers
that don't have Mach Kernel?). In any event, for the sake of consistency,
should both be checked?

I don't know why it was done that way.  I think I'll leave in my most
recent change to configure.in that will define OCTAVE_USE_OS_X_API and
if __APPLE__ is defined, then use that in other places that check for
__APPLE__ or __MACH__.  OK?