Re: Problem with test_perfer.m

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Problem with test_perfer.m
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:18:47 +0100

fre, 23 01 2009 kl. 14:07 +0100, skrev Soren Hauberg:
> fre, 23 01 2009 kl. 07:32 -0500, skrev Ben Abbott:
> > Does this test pass for you?
>
> No it does not -- this is a bug. I'll send a changeset once I've made a
> build of latest upstream sources.

Okay, attached is a changeset that fixes the problem. The change is
fairly large, but it mostly consist of moving the content of the
'do_type' function into the body of the 'type' function. This was needed
for 'evalin ("caller", ...)' to work.

However, the test still fails. The problem is that the old
implementation of 'type' behaved IMHO a bit weird when you asked for an
output argument. If you did

  text = type ('fun1', 'fun2');

you would get the code of both functions in one string. To me it makes
more sense to put the code of these two functions in a cell array, which
is what the current code does. This is, however, not what the test
expects.

So, should we revert to the old behaviour or should we adapt the test?

Soren

P.S. It should be noted that Matlab does not support this extension, so
from a compatibility point of view both options are fine.