Re: GUI work (was: Graphical help browser)

From: Pedro L. Lucas
Subject: Re: GUI work (was: Graphical help browser)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 20:30:59 +0100

Hi, I'm developer of QtOctave. I would rather a new API to connect
Octave with IDEs. This API should open pipes from Octave to IDE and
from IDE to Octave. You could send commands to Octave and read results
from those pipes. This pipes should be different of stdin and stdout
used by user. Then IDE could send, for example, commands to read some
matrix or read help from some command.

I have read code of Octave and I think it could be written easyly. It
doesn't need any thread or fork, only pipes.

Every-IDE should use this API. Then you could use Emacs, OctaveDE or
whatever you want. This API would be "multi-platform", it can be used
in Windows or UNIX.

Kind regards.