Re: [changeset] Missing ScreenSize & ScreenPixelsPerInch properties

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: [changeset] Missing ScreenSize & ScreenPixelsPerInch properties
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:38:11 +0100

Ben Abbott schrieb:
Nice idea with regards to pulling the patch from the mail list.

The configure process did respond with DHAVE_FRAMEWORK_CARBON=1 (see below).

Ok, fine. I hope it also compiles and produces the right output? Then I'll try to implement two more improvements before I continue with "-framework OpenGL" the next days - coming back to your idea about the build option:

(a) Allow the user to turn on/off support for Carbon when doing "./configure", this might then look somehow like this

  ./configure --with-framework-carbon

which also is the default and "--with-framework-carbon" must not be given explicitly. Or turn off this support with

  ./configure --without-framework-carbon

so that we have the fallback to use X11.app instead or at least if the user set up his system correctly, ie. just use *nix traditional way.

Given the name "--with-framework-carbon" and not only "--with-carbon" looking forward to also separate "--with-framework-opengl" from traditional X11/OpenGL and we have both "framework OpenGL" and "X11 OpenGL" on Macs that also are quite a bit different in their implementation (details soon).

(b) Turn off empty output of configuration summary if Carbon is used, eg.

  X11 include flags:
  X11 libraries:

and turn on output about Carbon framework instead, eg.

  Carbon libraries: -Wl,-framework -Wl,Carbon

Should I send a combined changeset or an improvement of my first patch? Any other objections?

Best regards,

  Thomas