Re: support for advanced gnuplot features (was: Plotting semi-trasnparen

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: support for advanced gnuplot features (was: Plotting semi-trasnparent patches?)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:06:03 -0500

On Jan 28, 2009, at 7:10 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 28-Jan-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| On Jan 28, 2009, at 10:49 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > On 28-Jan-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:
| >
| > | Perhaps it is best to push the present changes and follow up with a | > | proper implementation later ... which willl allow some clean up of
| > the
| > | code and allow features (1) and (2) to be committed as well.
| >
| > OK, go ahead and push the current patch once you've made the changes I
| > suggested.
|
| ok, I've pushed the changeset.

Do you have a new patch for the X11 window geometry changes, or is the
old one still good?

jwe

I've modified the earlier version so that it references the new __gnuplot_has_feature__ function.

It is attached. The position property is unidirectional. Thus moving the figure via the mouse will not stick (update the property). It should be possible to do that, but I don't understand the details of x11 or what gnuplot/octave know about the window's id to offer an informed opinion.

Ben