Re: [changeset] print() options not working

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [changeset] print() options not working
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:38:51 -0500

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009, at 05:59PM, "Jim H" <address@hidden> wrote:

>print() works for me in octave 3.0.3 and gnuplot 4.2.2.  But there is a
>caveat:
>
>* With my gnuplot, I have to give the file type in uppercase:  '-dPDF',
>otherwise gnuplot complains that the terminal type is unknown.  If this is
>also true for others users, then perhaps the keepers of the manual updates
>can make a mental note to mention this in later editions.  Confusingly, "set
>terminal" in gnuplot shows all terminals in lowercase and does not include
>jpeg, pdf, etc. but the gnuplot command generated by octave "set terminal
>XXXX..." does work.  So there is something odd about the online gnuplot
>help.
>
>-Jim

I get a different result.

octave:6> plot(1:10)
octave:7> print('test.pdf','-dpdf')

This produces a pdf. However using "-dPDF" ...

octave:8> print('test.pdf','-dPDF')
sh: convert: command not found
error: print: could not convert
error: evaluating if command near line 422, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 418, column 3
error: called from `print' in file `/sw/share/octave/3.0.3/m/plot/print.m'

What do you get when you type "which print"?

Ben