Re: Changing package file extension

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Changing package file extension
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 21:15:19 +0100

tor, 29 01 2009 kl. 14:05 -0600, skrev Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:
> 2009/1/29 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
> > If the extension is not explicitly used in pkg.m, then I guess it is
> > just a matter of documentation and changing the names of the Octave
> > Forge packages.
>
> Is this really all that has to be done? It feels kinda silly to submit
> a diff for something like this. I guess the real change has to be in
> the 'Forge website.

But does it actually work? Have you tried actually installing a package
that has extension .octpkg ? I'd fear that some of the routines for
uncompressing files might need changing.

Also, perhaps the manual needs to be updated to reflect that packages
are files with a .octpkg prefix. I haven't checked though...

Soren