ylabel rotation

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: ylabel rotation
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:42:57 -0500

On 29-Jan-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| I noticed you pushed two changes to ylabel.m 8 days ago.
|
| The first included the line
|
|        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/d81caf2e3a28
|
|        +    varargin = {varargin{1}, "rotation", 90, varargin{2:end}};
|
| The second removed it.
|
|        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/ab82e19002c4
|
|        -    varargin = {varargin{1}, "rotation", 90, varargin{2:end}};
|
| I assume the second change was unintended?

No, it was intended.  The idea was that the {x,y,z}label functions
should not be creating new text objects, but should simply set values
in the existing text object that is a child of the axes object, and
that those objects should be created with the proper defaults.  I
thought I also made that change.  When I execute

  get (get (gca, 'ylabel'), 'rotation')

I get 90 and ylabel ('foo') sets foo as the label and it is rotated.
So it seems to be working for me.  In what cases does it fail?