Re: Changing package file extension

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Changing package file extension
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:47:01 +0100

tor, 29 01 2009 kl. 19:39 -0600, skrev Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:
> What needs to be done in the 'Forge website? One giant s/\.tar\.gz/\.octpkg/ ?

If we were keeping the current release system, then yes. However, the
current release system is broken in quite a few ways, so I'm in the
process of rewriting it. The main objective of this rewrite is to allow
package maintainers to decide when their package should be released,
instead of them relying on me making a release of all packages.

So, if you want to help out here, the main obstacle is to create scripts
that generate HTML pages for a given package. I have some code at
http://hauberg.org/generate_html that is mostly complete if you want to
have a look. By the way, this was my motivation for rewriting the help
system in core Octave.

Soren