Re: Handle leak in win32 patch to readline

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Handle leak in win32 patch to readline
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 21:59:33 +0000

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Benjamin Lindner <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am posting this here, because I discovered the handle leak while testing
> mingw binaries for the octave development sources, although I tracked down
> the leak to be technically outside octave.
> Anyway, in the win32-specific patchfile Michael created for compiling
> libreadline - which I shamelessly reused for mingw32 - I think there are two
> calls to CloseHandle() missing in in input.c.

Good catch. You're right. Just wondering how you actually did track this
down...

> Michael, for our msvc/mingw build framework, we must merge the patches (if
> present) to single both-applicable-on-msvc-and-mingw patches.

That's something I've been adding recently: the possibility to have a
common patch, or a compiler-specific patch, and picking up the
right one automatically at run-time. BTW, did you have a look at the
package I sent you? Do you have any comment?

Michael.