Re: ellipse

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: ellipse
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:26:54 -0500

On 31-Jan-2009, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| That being said, it's not an important issue for me, so I don't mind
| swapping things back. Alternatively, we could add something like
|
|   if (isvector (n) && isscalar (shift))
|     tmp = n;
|     n = shift;
|     shift = tmp;
|   endif
|
| to allow both styles.

I'd generally be against this kind of thing as it seems an unnecessary
complication.  Also, why should these two arguments be singled out for
this kind of treatment when LEVEL is not?  And, if we include LEVEL in
the mix, then there is an ambiguity.  So I think we should choose an
order and stick with it.

Also, I think you should write eigenvalue and eigenvector in the docs,
not Eigen value and Eigen vector.