Re: Curious about JHandles

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Curious about JHandles
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 10:21:46 +0000

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:45 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Since OpenJDK is so close to being a perfect replacement for Sun's
> non-free Java, I decided to try it with JHandles.
>
> Unfortunately, reading JHandles's configure.base, it looks like it's
> only configured to use the non-free Java.

What do you mean exactly?
The configure.base script does the following:
- look for java, javac and jar in PATH
- look for java version by executing "java -version" and parsing the output,
  looking for the string 'java version "x.x.x"'
- under Linux, look for directory $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/<arch>

Michael.