Re: line number tracking in the parser

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: line number tracking in the parser
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 02:09:27 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
I just checked in the following changes that I think will improve the
handling of input_line_number in the parser so that line numbers that
are reported in error messages will be more accurate.  I would also
expect setting breakpoints with the debugger to work better...

John,

I seem to recall recently running across the situation where the line number is
incorrect when there's an error in a non-function script file.  The line number
was reported as -1.

Does a -1 seem possible?  Is that the initialized value?

Dan