Re: [OctDev] HTML function reference

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: [OctDev] HTML function reference
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 18:41:35 +0100

lor, 07 02 2009 kl. 18:07 +0100, skrev David Bateman:
> I'm not sure I like the way the manual is displayed as one of the side
> menus  of the function reference.

Yeah, I see your point. I'll see what I can do to change this.

>  Sure have a side menu for the manual
> on the web site, but a different one from the function reference and
> then readd the alphabetical tab to the side menu.

The problem with the alphabetical list is that it is hard to create it.
Let's assume you make a release of one of your packages, and you have
added a new function, 'my_new_function', to your package. Then, the page
listing functions starting with 'm' will have to be updated to include
the new function. Who should do this update, and how should it be done?
If the list has to be generated it'll essentially require that whoever
generates the list has all packages installed.

>  Also menu you select
> an item from the packages tab of the side mene, the tab shouldn't change
> back to the manual tab..

Yeah, that's a bug.

Soren