Re: feature freeze for 3.2 release?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: feature freeze for 3.2 release?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:26:09 -0500

On Feb 16, 2009, at 4:11 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

I'd like to have a short feature freeze (perhaps 2-3 weeks) while we
focus primarily on testing and fixing any bugs that turn up.  Then
I'll branch for the release, make another snapshot or two, and then
make the release.  Perhaps that can happen by the middle of March.

Are there any objections to this plan?

I'll start by making a new snapshot today or tomorrow.  Are there any
outstanding changesets or any serious bugs that should be considered
before I make the snapshot?

jwe

I have one or two gnuplot related changes I'd like to have put in place.

(1) Currently when running gnuplot 4.3, gnuplot_drawnow uses the figure position property to reset any figure movements via the mouse. To avoid this nuisance, the previous position property value is stored in an empty/hidden text object, similar to what David did for plotyy, and the figure position info is only passed onto gnuplot when the user changes the position property.

(2) Add the ability to determine the actual x11 terminal position and pass the info back to the figure's position property. I have some experimental code working, but it presently relies upon 'xwininfo'. In addition, the update only occurs when gnuplot_drawnow is called. This change deserves some discussion and maybe some likely attention before being committed.

Ben