Re: feature freeze for 3.2 release?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: feature freeze for 3.2 release?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:38:52 +0100

man, 16 02 2009 kl. 16:11 -0500, skrev John W. Eaton:
> I'd like to have a short feature freeze (perhaps 2-3 weeks) while we
> focus primarily on testing and fixing any bugs that turn up.  Then
> I'll branch for the release, make another snapshot or two, and then
> make the release.  Perhaps that can happen by the middle of March.
>
> Are there any objections to this plan?

I think this sounds like a very good plan. I'd like to see 3.2 released
in the not so distant future.

> I'll start by making a new snapshot today or tomorrow.  Are there any
> outstanding changesets or any serious bugs that should be considered
> before I make the snapshot?

1) The comments

#    if (exist (name, "file"))
#      delete (name);
#    endif

in the end of 'makeinfo.m' should not be comments. We agreed on this
change, but I'm unsure of when I can push changes, so I haven't done
anything.

2) If 'makeinfo.m' should be renamed to '__makeinfo__.m', I'd like to
see this happen before a release is made. Then I can release software
that uses this function, and I won't have to make a new release shortly
after when 'makeinfo.m' is renamed. I don't mind making such changes,
but I'm unsure of when I can push a change.

Other than that, I don't have anything, and I see no failures in 'make
check'.

Soren