Re: new subplot bug

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: new subplot bug
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:42:48 -0500

On Feb 18, 2009, at 6:34 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 18-Feb-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| It occurs to me that the problem is likely related to the figure's
| current axes.
|
| Is there a way to restrict a specific axes from qualifying as the
| current axes? (I suspect the hidden axes used by gnuplot_drawnow to
| hold the figures prior position property is the probem ... although I
| have no idea how it becomes visible).
|
| If not, then a different solution for storing the prior figure
| position will be needed.
|
| I'll propose an approach either later this evening or tomorrow.
| However, I'd prefer to find out how a hidden axes becomes visible
| before committing a solution that hides that feature/bug.

I didn't realize that there are hidden axes used for keeping track of
prior position info, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help here.

jwe

I don't see a quick fix to implement a mechanism to signal gnuplot_drawnow that the figure position property has been changed.

A listener could be added to handle this, but without more thought I don't see how to do this without breaking other backends.

The attached changeset reverts the ability to reposition figure windows.

Ok, to push?