Re: I would like to collaborate

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: I would like to collaborate
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 11:13:24 -0600

2009/2/20 Alfredo Esteban <address@hidden>:
> In short, I only need some guide lines to start to collaborate.

I can't help you much with particulars, since that would be kind of
like the blind leading the blind. ;-) Hopefully someone else can you
give you more specific details.

I think I can give you a few ideas on how to get started, though. You
should probably first read a little about mercurial so you can work
with the development sources. You might want to learn a bit about the
GNU build system to know how to get Octave compiled. I personally find
the Octave sources a little confusing, but they do follow the GNU
coding standards closely, so you might want to familiarise yourself
with those too.

I also found the following document helpful for finding my way around
the sources:

     http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~rueckn/Oct_Interpreter_Compiler.pdf

I further recommend to run Doxygen on the sources so that you can get
a better picture of what functions are available, what the class
hierarchy is, and so forth. There isn't much documentation for the
sources, but it seems the developers aren't too troubled by this.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.