Re: Tracking the latest changes

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Tracking the latest changes
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:17:51 +0100

Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso schrieb:
When I want to see what the development sources are up to, I run "hg
pull -u" and then "make" to recompile. This often fails because
something changed in the build system, so I often need to reconfigure
and build everything from scratch.

Is there a better way to do this? Does everyone recompile Octave all
the time? What's your workflow like?

;) I would say I recompile 3..4 times a week going through the whole process from 'make maintainer-clean', 'hg update -v', ..., './autogen.sh' until 'make test'. I wrote a shell script for doing all these things and I put all the output of the individual commands into a logfile, eg. 'make >> logfile.txt'. The final command of my shell script is 'shutdown -h now', ie. I start the build process in the evening before I say good night and check if something has gone wrong the next time I log in...

Best regards,

  Thomas