Re: About diagonal matrices

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: About diagonal matrices
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:38:01 -0500

On 21-Feb-2009, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| There are already such variables in Octave. Think about save_precision
| or string_fill_char (OK, I dunno whether there are more).

We used to have many more, but removed all the ones that could cause
obvious trouble.  The things that remain (like print_empty_dimensions,
or history_timestamp_format_string) shouldn't cause trouble except in
really strange cases.  I think save_precision falls into this category
as well.  Maybe string_fill_char should be removed.  It is probably
rarely used anyway.  I would not want to add a new option to control
the way operations on diagnoal matrices work.