Re: 3.1.52 fails to build in hppa/linux

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: 3.1.52 fails to build in hppa/linux
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:27:28 +0000 (GMT)

--- Lun 23/2/09, John W. Eaton  ha scritto:

> Da: John W. Eaton
> Oggetto: Re: 3.1.52 fails to build in hppa/linux
> A: address@hidden
> Cc: "Jaroslav Hajek" , address@hidden
> Data: Lunedì 23 febbraio 2009, 02:02

> in
> | > config.h? Do
> and 514
> | > in
> OCTAVE_INT_USE_LONG_DOUBLE
> | > block.

> | > Whoa, that's wicked. Those lines should not even
> be
> | > compiled, then (I
> | > meant, of course, ifndef block in the previous
> message).
> | > Can you maybe
> | > try posting just the preprocessor output?
> | >
> | > The easiest way to get it is to cd to liboctave/, do
> | > make pic/oct-inttypes.o
> | >
> | > then copy the command shown to compile, but replace
> | > "-c" by "-E" and
> | > redirect -o to a suitable file. It will be probably
> too
> | > large to post
> | > it on the mailing list.
> |
> | uploaded on
> | http://matzeri.altervista.org/octave/
> |
> | gcc -E output    oct-inttypes.E
> | gcc -c logs      oct-inttypes.log-20090222-202140
> | full command     oct_int.sh
>
> Does the attached change avoid the problem for you?  It
> allows me to
> build Octave with GCC and OCTAVE_INT_USE_LONG_DOUBLE
> undefined.  So
> maybe this is a GCC bug because I didn't change any
> code, I just moved
> some function definitions to a header file.  But I did
> remove some
> explicit instantiations, and I'm not sure I fully
> understand the rules
> for instantiating templates, especially when some are
> explicitly
> instantiated and some are not (at least I think that is
> true for the
> classes defined in oct-inttypes.{h,cc}).
>
> I also don't see how these lines could be compiled if
> OCTAVE_INT_USE_LONG_DOUBLE is defined.
>
> The lines to define it in config.h are
>
>   #if (SIZEOF_LONG_DOUBLE >= 10) && defined
> (HAVE_ROUNDL)
>   #define OCTAVE_INT_USE_LONG_DOUBLE
>   #endif
>
> I think you already said SIZEOF_LONG_DOUBLE is 12.  Is
> HAVE_ROUNDL
> defined on your system?
>
> jwe

John,
I am stupid, I used grep to find
#define OCTAVE_INT_USE_LONG_DOUBLE

and have not checked the line arounds.
HAVE_ROUNDL is not defined

so also OCTAVE_INT_USE_LONG_DOUBLE is not defined.

Marco

      Passa a Yahoo! Mail.

La webmail che ti offre GRATIS spazio illimitato,
antispam e messenger integrato.
http://it.mail.yahoo.com/