Re: R: octave 3.0.4 rc5

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: R: octave 3.0.4 rc5
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:06:13 -0500

https://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2009-February/010946.html

| > is still present.
| >
| > Regards
| > Marco
| >

| I see. I haven't noticed a fix in that thread, however, and I don't
| know how to solve the issue; so unless someone supplies a fix very
| quickly, this will stay unfixed in 3.0.4.

Please don't release 3.0.4 with this bug.  It can be exposed with
something as simple as

  subplot(111);
  clf
  plot ([1,2], [2,3]);

With a freshly built copy of Octave from the release-3-0-x archive, I
see

  octave:1>   subplot(111);
  octave:2>   clf
  octave:3>   plot ([1,2], [2,3]);
  error: axes: expecting argument to be axes handle
  error: evaluating if command near line 46, column 5
  error: evaluating if command near line 30, column 3
  error: called from `axes' in file
`/home/jwe/src/octave-release-3-0-x/scripts/plot/axes.m'
  error: axes: expecting argument to be axes handle
  error: evaluating if command near line 46, column 5
  error: evaluating if command near line 30, column 3
  error: called from `axes' in file
`/home/jwe/src/octave-release-3-0-x/scripts/plot/axes.m'
  error: called from `plot' in file
`/home/jwe/src/octave-release-3-0-x/scripts/plot/plot.m'

Removing the call to subplot results in a different error:

  octave:1>   clf
  error: delete: expecting argument to be a filename or graphics handle
  error: evaluating if command near line 32, column 5
  error: evaluating if command near line 31, column 3
  error: called from `delete' in file
`/home/jwe/src/octave-release-3-0-x/scripts/miscellaneous/delete.m'
  error: called from `clf' in file
`/home/jwe/src/octave-release-3-0-x/scripts/plot/clf.m'
  octave:1>   plot ([1,2], [2,3]);

So I think it is HIGHLY likely that this will be noticed by someone...