Re: pkg.m is busted, gen_doc_cache sematics changed

From: Jason Riedy
Subject: Re: pkg.m is busted, gen_doc_cache sematics changed
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:56:18 -0500

And John W. Eaton writes:
> I checked in these changes and some more, and I think pkg install
> should work now, and create the DOC files, and lookfor seems to be
> using the DOC files.

Thanks! I seem to have a problem in my help text to track down:
  warning: gen_doc_cache: unusable help text in 'osdbi.oct'. Ignoring function.
but I'm sure that's on my side.

Otherwise seems to be working except for the previously mentioned
mlock issue.

BTW, is the layout for installed packages and/or what lookfor
needs documented somewhere in the distribution? If not, what
functions should I follow to create that documentation?

(Think I see how to add tests, too, but it might not be for a
bit.)

Jason