Re: pkg.m is busted, gen_doc_cache sematics changed

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: pkg.m is busted, gen_doc_cache sematics changed
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:03:09 +0100

ons, 25 02 2009 kl. 13:56 -0500, skrev Jason Riedy:
> BTW, is the layout for installed packages and/or what lookfor
> needs documented somewhere in the distribution? If not, what
> functions should I follow to create that documentation?

This part isn't documented. But the code in 'lookfor.m' should be fairly
easy to follow. We have two cache types:

1) The one that holds the documentation for all functions distributed
with Octave. This is in the file

  fullfile (octave_config_info.datadir, "etc", "DOC")

2) Caches in directories. 'lookfor' simply traverses all functions in
the path, and looks for files named 'DOC'. It uses this file for cache
if it is present, or searches the files in the directory one by one if
no cache is present.

Soren