Re: [changeset] colorbar bug

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [changeset] colorbar bug
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 19:57:47 -0500

On Mar 1, 2009, at 1:52 PM, dbateman wrote:

Ben Abbott wrote:

This changeset addresses two bugs I encountered.

(1) Two colorbar commands produced two colorbars.

(2) colorbar ("off") did not turn off the colorbar.

Demos are included which verify the intended behavior.

This fix was trivial, and has been pushed to savannah.

Ben

I'm not sure (1) is a bug. Yes I noticed this behavior when I reimplement colorbar in 3.2, but kept it as that is similar behavior to matlab when I
tested it. However, I think its probably better to only have a single
colorbar so the fix is fine.

D.

I should have checked what Matlab does.

>> clf
>> set(0,'handleVisibility','on')
>> plot(1:10)
>> hc1 = colorbar

hc1 =          173

>> hc2 = colorbar

hc2 =          173

Thus Octave's present implementation shoud not delete colorbar replace it with a new one, but should update it.

When given a new location, a second colorbar is created.

>> hc3 = colorbar('westoutside')

hc3 =          203

I did not expect this behavior. The fix should be trivial. I'll look at it.

Ben