Re: about contibuting to octave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: about contibuting to octave
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 00:23:02 -0500

On Mar 2, 2009, at 11:33 PM, Shai Ayal wrote:

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 4:36 AM, xianghang liu <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I am a C++ developer very interested in Octave and would like to contribute.
I have had a look at projects listed at
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/projects.html. I would like to contribute numerical and IO related projects in the list. Would you please show me a
more current copy of this?
Hi,

I'm not sure it's what you meant by IO related, but the graphics
system is really in need of a c++ developer. We need someone to
implement text objects.
If this interests you, I'm sure Michael and I could help you start out

Shai

Regarding backend text objects, the gnuplot backend needs some work as well ... and again a c++ developer is needed. What the gnuplot backend needs will also needed by other backends. Specifically, the "extent" property for text objects needs to be implemented at a low level (i.e. it is a read-only property from the user perspective).

At the present time, "extent" is not part of text object properties.

Ben