Re: deprecated functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: deprecated functions
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:59:51 -0500

On  4-Mar-2009, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| I agree it would be more useful, as they really are special kind of
| sparse matrices.
| But it would break backward and Matlab compatibility in a fairly
| invasive way (infinitely more than the recently discussed NaN issues),
| so I think a wide agreement is really necessary here.

OK, if we don't make diag x sparse matrices retain the sparsity, then
what method do we have that allows row or column scaling of a sparse
matrix (for example) which preserves sparsity?  The modified version
of dmult did that, correct?  I think that's what Jason was complaining
about (correct me if I'm wrong).