Re: deprecated functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: deprecated functions
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:28:57 -0500

On  4-Mar-2009, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| spdiag is obsolete, because diag(sparse()) has the same effect.

What about creating a sparse diagonal matrix from a dense vector?  But
now "spdiag (v)" can't create a sparse matrix.  So I think if the
first argument to spdiag is a vector with more than one element, it
should call spdiags.  But I'm a little confused about how to make
spdiags put a vector on above or below the main diagonal.  So what is
the proper way to call spdiags to generate the same result as

  spdiag ([1,2,3], 2)

using the old spdiag function?

I don't mind that that the deprecated dmult function reverted back to
it's previous implementation since the "new" version has not yet
appeared in a stable release.  But the deprecated spdiag should still
work as it did in 3.0.x.