Re: axis square

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: axis square
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:58:02 +0800

On Mar 11, 2009, at 12:03 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 10-Mar-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| How about this changeset?

There are some things in the 3x3 subplot demo that don't look right to
me:

  * the no tics or labels plot also loses the axes.

  * all of the plots in the second row have both x and y labels, but
    if I understand correctly, the plot in the first column should
    have x labels but no y labels, the plot in the second column
    should have y labels but no x labels, and the plot in the third
    column should have no labels.

 * in the third row, the plot in the first column has x labels but
   should not, and the plot in the second column has y labels but
   should not.

 * the titles of the plots in positions 3, 6, 7, and 8 use a font
   that is different from the rest (at least on the screen, with the
   X terminal driver and gnuplot 4.2.2).

First, I think we want to be sure that the axis function is
interpreting its arguments correctly and setting the correct
properties for them.

Once that is correct, then we should make sure that the
__go_draw_axes__ function is handling the properties correctly.

jwe

<foo.png>

Thanks for catching that!

I hadn't bothered to examine that demo closely (the problem appears to have been present for a while).

Some of these are trivial to fix, but others don't make any sense to me, as I'm unable to duplicate them from the command line. It may take a day or two to track down the problem.

Ben