about contibuting to octave

From: xianghang liu
Subject: about contibuting to octave
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:51:08 +0800

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:12 AM, xianghang liu <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think it would be necessary to support unicode and a higher level BB
> calculation interface. I would think carefully about the TeX _expression_
> paser class.

You might want to have a look at JHandles, which contains a basic TeX
parser (enough to support syntax understood by Matlab). The basic idea
is to define a data structure to contains the various text elements using
a container pattern, then use a visitor pattern to process that data
structure (like computing the BB of a full text snippet). I think I sent a
mail to Shai (maybe to the octave ML, I don't remember), with the ideas
I had about text parsing implementation.

Michael.

After a rough glancing over the code of jhandles, I think the parser is contained in SimpleTextEngine.java. Is that right?
I am going to read it carefully and get ideas of implementation of the TeX parser.
Thanks.
--
Xianghang Liu

--