Re: Failure in eigs test with 3.1.54

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: Failure in eigs test with 3.1.54
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:31:49 +0100

* Jason Riedy <address@hidden> [2009-03-10 16:13]:

> And Rafael Laboissiere writes:
> > The difference may come from the libraries.  I am using suitesparse
> > 3.2.0-4 and lapack 3.2.0-1, which are not in testing.  What about your
> > system?
>
> I'm using libsuitesparse-3.2.0 (1:3.2.0-4) and my own build of LAPACK
> 3.2.  Your sample code works perfectly with tip for me.

Thanks for the info.  When I install the same package in my Debian
testing (squeeze) system, I do not see the error.  I am puzzled.  There
is some subtle difference between this system and my sid chroot, but I
could not yet nail it down.

At least, the Debian i386 autobuilders succeeded to compile the package
and all tests passed [1].  The tests failed on armel [2] for another
reason (segfault in data.cc test).

[1]
http://experimental.debian.net/fetch.php?&pkg=octave3.1&ver=3.1.54-1&arch=i386&stamp=1236900640&file=log&as=raw
[2]