Re: GSoC project: new graphics backend

From: Igor V. Burago
Subject: Re: GSoC project: new graphics backend
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 23:57:03 +1000

> I'm still not sure which approach is better but I never meant to
> write my on IDE from scratch.
I think it's better to embed interpreter into an IDE both for
performance and reliability.

> So, what I planned to do is the following:
> 1) Take one of those IDEs, bring it to working and usable state
> 2) Resume my old project (or some other project, I'd like to know if there
> are
> any), see what's missing and implement it.
> 3) Integrate plotting backend into IDE. It shouldn't be difficult if
> everything is Qt based.
I'm also interested on that points and since I'm C/C++/C#/Ruby/Octave
programmer and have some experience in Qt-programming it seems to me
that I could be helpful. Unfortunately, I have not plenty of time to
spend on this project every day, but it's very interesting and
perspective for me. May be I can participate in this work?

--
Igor V. Burago