Re: GUI work (was: Graphical help browser)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: GUI work (was: Graphical help browser)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:14:45 -0400

On 25-Mar-2009, Pedro L. Lucas wrote:

| Oh! Ok, eval_string can not read several-lines commands. I will try
| another method.

What I think you need to do is arrange for Octave's input handling
functions (the ones that are hooked directly into the parser) to be
the ones that get input for your GUI/IDE.  Doing this may require some
changes to the way Octave's input is handled.  If you want to help us
with this job, then please join the mailing list and discuss your
ideas here.

What you DON'T want to do is try to partially re-implement Octave's
parser so that your GUI is somehow attempting to determine when it has
a complete input statement, and then send that to Octave using a
single call to eval_string.