Re: 3.0.4 RC6

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: 3.0.4 RC6
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:37:27 +0100

* Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> [2009-03-25 15:26]:

> I've tried to fix the graphics bug in rc5 by extracting some patches
> from the thread:
> http://www.nabble.com/octave-3.0.4-rc5-td22177145.html#a22201560
>
> so the rc6 tarballs are available in the usual location:
> http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~hajej2am/ulozna/octave/

Thanks for that, it works great in my Debian sid chroot:

      PASS   4137
      FAIL      0

Also, the graphics bug is gone.

[N.B.: The following is Debian-related, so if you are not interested in
Debian, please stop reading here.]

I think that this tarball is of release-quality. The Debian package
octave3.0 version 3.0.4~rc5-4, which integrated the graphics fix, has
been sitting in Debian unstable for a while and there has been no bug
reports.  I am preventing [1] this version from entering Debian testing
but I am now changing my mind.  The package autobuilds correctly on all
official architectures [2] and it will be perhaps a good idea to let it
in testing and enlarge the potential number of people testing the
package.  If things go really wrong, we can revert to 3.0.3 by adding an
epoch number.

[2] https://buildd.debian.org/~luk/status/package.php?p=octave3.0

--
Rafael