Re: new snapshot patches

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: new snapshot patches
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:01:05 +0100

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 05:14:43PM -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 25-Mar-2009, Thomas Weber wrote:
>
> | I might be missing the obvious, but how about doing the change in one go
> | and using
> |     hg record
> | afterwards?
>
> What does "hg record" do?  My copy of hg (version 1.1.2) doesn't seem
> to have this command.

You probably need to enable it in /etc/mercurial/hgrc.d/hgext.rc.

It lets you choose which parts of your current diff become part of a
changeset. Sort of interactively saying "I want this and this in the
changeset, but not that".

Really helpful if you are doing some stuff and spot something totally
different. Fix it, do a "hg record" just for this change and move on.

        Thomas