Re: units conversion (was: about contibuting to octave)

From: xianghang liu
Subject: Re: units conversion (was: about contibuting to octave)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 07:14:48 +0800

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:33 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 26-Mar-2009, xianghang liu wrote:

| I have attached the code that calculate the bounding box of a text object
| with FreeType2 API. It can parse simple TeX strings and is borrowed from the
| Java code of Micheal in jhandles.

OK.  So what are we supposed to do with this code?

If you want it to be considered for inclusion with Octave, it needs to
follow the coding conventions of the rest of Octave.

| 1. Shall we implement a TeX parser as the parser in matplot?
|     If so, we might need to use tools such as yacc.

Requiring bison shouldn't be a problem.  Using the actual TeX layout
algorithm seems like a positive thing to me.

jwe
I am sorry that I did not say that clearly.
The code is not intend to be included in Octave now. It is just a simple demo. I would like some one might have a look at it and point out if I have any mistakes in understanding the problem.  Since I am new to this project I am not quit sure about that.

Thanks

--
Xianghang Liu