Possible Bug: "** On entry to octave parameter number 13 had an illegal

From: Andreas Romeyke
Subject: Possible Bug: "** On entry to octave parameter number 13 had an illegal value"
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:02:50 +0100

Hello,

If I compile the head-version of Octave with ff. options

CXXFLAGS="-pipe -O3 -march=native -ftree-loop-linear
-fomit-frame-pointer -mfpmath=sse -mmmx -msse -msse2  -ffast-math"

(and same FFLAGS) I got the message

"** On entry to octave parameter number 13 had an illegal
value\nSpeicherzugriffsfehler"

by calling "./run-octave". If the flags are:

"-pipe -O3 -march=native -funroll-loops"

it works. After some compile runs I assume the problem is related to
the  "-ffast-math".

The problem is hard to debug, could anyone explain what the error
message means in detail? If I grep for this message I got matches in:

./libcruft/STOP.patch:       $         ' had an illegal value' )
./libcruft/STOP.patch:       $         ' had an illegal value' )
./libcruft/lapack/*.f:*          < 0:  If INFO = -i, the i-th
argument had an illegal value

Do you have additional hints?

Bye Andreas

--
Software Developer / Dipl. Inform. (FH)
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences