Re: GPU computing for octave

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: GPU computing for octave
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 07:38:11 +0200

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 5:29 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 28-Mar-2009, Andreas Romeyke wrote:
>
> | The two files runtime/nv30gl/nv30glext.h and runtime/nv30gl/wglext.h are
> from
> |
> | NVIDIA and covered by the copyright and license described at the top of each
> |
> | file.
>
> Are these files interfaces to some library?  If so, what library, and
> what are the distribution terms of the library?  Where are the sources
> for the library?

Just to elaborate (I hope I won't mess up anything this time):
If the library qualifies as a "system library" (something that
normally goes with the system), you needn't do anything about it. If
not, then you need to provide a license permission to the GPL part to
link with the non-free part, provided that you are the exclusive
copyright holder.
In any case, this applies to linking; if the above referenced header
files were part of the distribution, they would have to have a
GPL-compatible license. But I don't actually see them in the SVN
archive; so it's OK.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer