Would caching help?

From: Andreas Romeyke
Subject: Would caching help?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:22:50 +0200

Dear Octave-Developers,

In a special case I could downsize the time of loadpath::do_find_file()
with following patch by memoizing this method from 11% to <1% of
execution time.

Please feel free to use it. The size of the memo could be changed, but
32 means a good compromise (11% of time to <1% of time).

The same thing is possible to add to
symbol_table::symbol_record::find() if we could serialize the
tree_argument-list (and to octregexp_list()) with minor cost and in
respect of internal state I think. Another improvement will be if the
std::map-call is replaced by a specialized priority-queue to implement
a LRU-strategy.

Do you have any comments?

Bye Andreas
--
Software Developer / Dipl. Inform. (FH)
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences