Re: printing figures with development version

From: Ivan Sutoris
Subject: Re: printing figures with development version
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:12:38 +0200

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:21 AM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ivan Sutoris wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your reply
>>
>> Indeed, setting the border does not help, labels are still cut.
>> Unfortunately, right now I don't have time (and probably neither
>> required skills) to look into this in more detail, so I'll stick to
>> adjusting axes position manually.
>
> Those commands on the version of Octave I'm running (pretty old) produce a
> nice plot.  Yes, gnuplot EPS has a problem with being one or two pixels too
> narrow sometimes.  Probably difficulty in font size or something.  Anyway,
> rather than manual changing a bounding box size, you could try a command
> like "eps2eps" which will expand or shrink the bounding box so that it is
> tight around the outermost visible object.
>
> Dan

My motivation for using development version instead of stable is that
it allows to set fontsize for tick labels and size of figure with
paperposition (so that it can be included in latex document without
resizing). I didn't know about eps2eps and after trying it, it seems
to work perfectly, thanks!

Regards
Ivan Sutoris