Re: 3.0.5 ?

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: 3.0.5 ?
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 11:02:37 +0200

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Carlo de Falco <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A bug in loading ascii files with 3.0.4 was recently reported
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Possible-bug-in-%22load%22-function-in-octave-3.0.4-p22892300.html
>
> and very quickly fixed (thanks Benjamin)
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Possible-bug-in-%22load%22-function-in-octave-3.0.4-p22895800.html
>
> don't you think it would make sense to quickly produce a new bug-fix release?
> I believe that leaving such an annoying glitch in the release
> advertised as stable
> could generate a lot of complaints and bad press.
>
> If there is something I can do to help making this happen just let me
> know, I would be glad to contribute.
>
> c.

Well the fix is available in the archive, so anyone can download it to
patch the sources. I have no problem with making a new release
containing just this single bugfix, though I myself have no need for
it. Should it be named 3.0.5, 3.0.4-1 or something like that? Or
should we just re-release 3.0.4?

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer